Recipe of the Weeks'
Blueberry and coconut breakfast muffins
Another of Eve's favourite breakfast treats.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 1 egg
- 15ml melted butter
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 15g desiccated coconut
- 15g coconut flour (ground almond is ok too)
- 15g flaxseed (if not then use more ground almond)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 30g blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease a muffin pan with butter
- Whisk together the egg, butter, honey/syrup and apple
- Combine the other ingredients - blueberries last! and mix gently to avoid a mush-ball.
- Divide the mix into 4 separate balls and put them in the muffin tin
- Bake 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- "I love my muffin with full fat Greek yogurt"
To heat from the freezer, just pop the muffins in the oven to defrost and warm up. Hey presto - breakfast is served!
Credits: This recipe taken from Real Meal Revolution’s Raising Superheroes by Professor Tim Noakes